PLANNING TO STUDY IN IRELAND
If yes, then don’t miss this information as it will give you really useful insights about Studies in Ireland, Education in Ireland, Universities in Ireland, University Applications, etc.
Save your time and effort that is required for university shortlisting, university applications, visa file preparation, etc if you read the information given on this page.
Global Edge is direct authorized representative of all Universities, Colleges & Institutes of Ireland for India. It regularly organizes visits of University Representatives, Webinars, Education Fairs, etc.
11 FACTS ABOUT STUDIES IN IRELAND
1. WHY SHOULD STUDENTS STUDY IN IRELAND ?
- Ireland is one of the safest countries to live in. It is an English speaking country and all the courses are taught in English language. This would save a lot of your time and effort to adjust and settle in an entirely new country.
- Ireland has World ranked universities with Superb infrastructure & beautiful campuses.
- Comparitively Irish Universities have low tuition fees and they provide good scholarships.
- International students get a 2 year stay back option after they finish their 1 year masters degree from Ireland.
- There are very good career opportunities in Ireland which a lot of students aren’t aware of.
- Ireland is a part of European Union & is one of the fastest growing economies of Europe.
2. WHAT ARE THE POPULAR COURSES IN IRELAND ?
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science
- Machine Learning
- Digital Marketing
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Food Technology
- All Types of Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Computer, etc)
- Business & Finance
3. HOW TO SHORTLIST AND APPLY TO UNIVERSITIES IN IRELAND
- There are 8 universities in Ireland namely Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, University College Cork, etc. Then there are Technical Institutes & Colleges in Ireland such as Cork Institute of Technology, Dublin Business School, etc.
- Shortlisting depends on various factors like your academic marks, preferred course, budget, preferred intake, work experience (if any), etc. After we receive your documents, our team does profile evaluation that is very important for shortlisting.
- College applications are extremely critical as they involve spending time to fill up forms, providing letters of reference (LORS), referee details, preparing statement of purpose (SOP), IELTS, etc, and all documents have to be uploaded in a specific format before deadline. Any information missed while filling applications can lead to rejection of the same.
- You can get in touch with us for a free one to one counselling session to get more clarity on the above.
4. IS IRELAND A GOOD CHOICE FOR MASTERS ?
- Ireland has a wide variety of extremely specialized Masters courses that will help you build your skillset.
- Most of the Masters courses in Ireland are for 1 year.
- It is one of the best countries for a good return on investment as one years Masters in Ireland gives you a two year stayback option.
- Cost of 1 year of education viz a viz the starting salary you get makes it a very lucrative option.
5. TUITION FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
- Ireland education is very affordable. The fees ranges from Rs 9 lacs per year to Rs 20 lacs per year depending upon course, university & college.
- Living expense of Rs 8 lacs per year is extra.
- Some Universities in Ireland provide scholarships of upto 100% on the basis of academic marks, statement of purpose (SOP) & letters of references.
- It is advisable to apply early to avail scholarship as they get over very quickly.
- Only offer holders get scholarship.
6. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR EDUCATION IN IRELAND
- For Masters programs, Universities in Ireland generally require minimum 60% in Bachelors degree.
- For Maters programs, Institutes & Colleges in Ireland can accept applications with minimum 50% in Bachelors degree.
- For Under graduate programs, minimum 70% in grade 12th should be achieved.
- IELTS is mandatory for international students to study in Ireland.
- Some universities in Ireland require GMAT score & work experience for MBA programs.
8. HOW TO PREPARE IRISH STUDENT VISA FILE ?
- Preparation of Ireland Student Visa File should be strictly done as per embassy guidelines that keeps getting updated from time to time.
- All pasports (old + new) have to be submitted. Police Clearance Certificate is a must before you apply for Irish student visa.
- Irish visa takes minimum 4-6 weeks from date of application.
- It is mandatory to have IELTS score before applying for visa.
- Source of funds has to be explained for Irish visa.
- You can get in touch with us to get more clarity on the above.
10. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AFTER STUDY IN IRELAND
- Ireland is home to more than 1500 MNCs such as Intel, Amazon, Audi, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Ebay, Coca Cola, Ernst & Young, Boston Scientific, etc.
- Ireland has World’s Top Medical Devices Companies.
- It has World’s Top Financial Services Companies.
- It has World’s Top ICT Companies.
- It has World’s Top Pharma Companies.
- Ireland is World’s second largest exporter of software.
11. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR MBA & DATA SCIENTISTS
- Data Analysts & MBAs are a part of critical skills occupation list of Ireland.
- Starting salary after doing MBA in Ireland is apprx 30,000 Euros per annum for a fresher.
- Data Analysts can expect their salary to be between 40,000 to 80,000 euros per annum depending on industry and experience.
- Some of the companies hiring Data Analysts & MBA are Accenture, Aer Lingus, Amazon, Apple, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Bank of Ireland, etc.
- Data Analysts & MBAs can get jobs in sectors like healthcare, financial services, food, pharma, sports at nearly all levels like sales, marketing, retail, planning, etc.
- After studying data analytics, you can become a data analyst, data scientist, quantitative analyst, business analyst, business intelligence consultants, data warehouse consultants, etc.
- Government of Ireland ‘s policy is to become a leading country in Europe for Big Data & Data Analytics.
Global Edge is authorized direct representative of Universities, Technical Institutes & Colleges in Ireland
UNIVERSITIES IN IRELAND
Trinity College Dublin (The University of Dublin)
University College Dublin
University College Cork
University of Limerick
National University of Ireland Galway
Dublin City University
Tu Dublin (Technological University Dublin)(Earlier Dublin Institute of Technology)
INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Letterkerny Institute of Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
COLLEGES IN IRELAND
Dublin Business School
Griffith College Ireland (Griffith College Dublin)
National College of Ireland