Details of undergraduate studies in UK :
- Students wishing to apply for an undergraduate program should apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
- UCAS application allows the students to indicate a maximum of 5 institutions of their choice. The cost of the application is 23 pounds.
- The deadline to receive applications at UCAS is 15th January for the following academic year. However, late applications received between 15th January and 30th June are also considered.
- Some universities in London also take applications without UCAS. You can apply to few extra universities after UCAS.
- If the standard entrance requirements are not met, you can begin with a foundation course instead, and then move smoothly into a degree course & studying English language courses alongside it if you need to.
- OXBRIDGE: If Cambridge or Oxford University is included in UCAS, the deadline will be 15th October of the previous year. They have their exam to be undertaken called Oxbridge. It is extremely competitive process & you may get in touch with us.
- Duration: Bachelors Degree is for 3 or 4 years.
- Sandwich Programs: They are 4 years of the UG program. The 3rd year is an industrial placement year. Students gain practical experience relevant to the program thus making them more ready for the job market.
- University Rankings: Universities are ranked as per the discipline of the subject. Some of the top universities are:
The University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, London School of Economics, St Andrews University, Kings College, UCL, University of Glasgow, Warwick University, etc.
UCAS Application Process
- Before applying, check the minimum entry qualification. Don’t apply to over-ambitious universities and waste your 5 choices.
- You can submit only one UCAS application form per year.
- You have to upload only 1 essay which is common to all applications.
- UCAS will send a copy of the application to each of your chosen universities. Each university will consider your application and send details of its decision to UCAS. UCAS will forward the decision to you.
- If all your chosen universities reject your application, you will still be able to apply to another UK institution through Clearing.
- The clearing is a process that allows students to apply to universities for courses that have vacancies. Only those who have not been able to find a place in any university can apply under clearing. It occurs in July and August. You will be eligible for Clearing if :
- You have applied to a UK universities in the UCAS system but do not have any offers.
- None of your conditional offers have been confirmed.
- You can choose only one university at a time for clearing.
These are the details of undergraduate studies in UK, please consider them before applying to the UK.