Postgraduate Education System in the UK
Details of Masters in UK :
- Masters in UK applications can be made directly to the universities.
- There is no cut-off date to receive applications, but students are advised to apply in advance as some of the popular courses get filled up fast.
- 15 years of education is accepted for admission in Masters.
- Masters in the UK is mostly a 1-year programme.
- There are 2 year programmes in which the 2nd year is the work placement year.
- An integrated Master’s Degree is a course that combines 3-year undergraduate honours programme with 1 year at the Masters level. Students graduate with a masters-level qualification in their chosen subject.
- At Oxford and Cambridge, Master of Arts is conferred automatically after a certain period of time on all holders of Bachelor’s Degrees.
Masters In UK By Research
- A research degree is the ultimate opportunity if you want to pursue your own specialised interests.
- You will be expected to initiate and develop your topic under the supervision of one or possibly two academics.
- To be successful, you will need to demonstrate intellectual independence.
- Students are expected to work on their own under the guidance of a supervisor.
- The first two-thirds of the programme are spent researching the topic and planning the dissertation. The remaining time is spent writing the dissertation, which describes in detail the research.
- Assessment: Dissertation – typically 30,000 to 40,000 words.
- Duration-One Year to Three Years.
- MA/M.Sc. by research.