Under Tier 4 Visa
- Part-time jobs in the UK, Student Can Work 20 hrs per week during study time and full time during holidays. (For both UG and PG level)
- Students can work without needing to obtain permission from the local job center.
- Similarly, they are able to do work placements that are part of a course or to undertake internship placements without the need to obtain permission from Work Permits (UK).
- With just minimum wage (ie 7.20 pounds per hour), you should be able to earn 432 pounds per month.
How to Find Part-Time Job:
Part-time jobs in the UK, are available by consulting notice boards around your university, in local newspapers, and visiting your university placement office. Many institutions now have their own ‘job shop’, which displays part-time and holiday vacancies and also issue job vacancy bulletins.
Following the Rules
There are many employment opportunities for international students in the UK. But there are a few conditions you should keep in mind:
- You cannot run your own business, be self-employed, provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer, or pursue a career by taking a permanent full-time position.
- Money that you hope to make while doing part-time or vacation work cannot form part of your visa application.
Post Study Work
UK offers 2 years stay back option after doing graduation in the UK. Take benefit of this rule as it may change in future.