Medical Studies in UK Advantages
- Admission is Easy Compared to India, Canada & the USA.
- You can practice in India or anywhere in the world.
- You have to apply through Universities and Colleges Admissions Service but only 4 options are available and in the fifth, you apply to a corresponding program (to be on a safer side).
- There are tests to be taken – U CAT/ B MAT (can be taken only once).
- There is also an interview taken called Mini Multiple Interviews. Usually in the university.
- Chemistry is required in 12th; Bio is preferred with 90% above; IELTS required 7.0 for medical studies in UK
- Some kind of internship or project should be undertaken to show your purpose.
- 5 to 8 years (depending on your specialisation- GP, Surgery, Optha, Pediatric,etc).
- The first 2 yrs are the foundation years in the UK universities and thereafter you are moved to a hospital.
Medical Studies in UK Cost
- The First 2 years of medical studies in UK costs Rs 19 to 20 lacs per annum and thereafter it is Rs 30 to 40 lacs per annum.
- However, there are much cheaper and more sure options in countries like Ireland & Czech Republic.
- After the degree (MB), students can sit for the MCI exam.