Study in Ireland facts you need to consider:
- Although official language of Republic of Ireland is Irish, English is widely spoken and written everywhere. All courses in Ireland universities and Colleges are in English language. Hence it is extremely easy for international students to adjust in an entirely new country.
- Republic of Ireland is a part of European Union. Northern Ireland with Belfast as it’s Capital is a part of United Kingdom. Southern Ireland or Republic of Ireland is a part of European Union (EU). Capital of Republic of Ireland is Dublin.
- Ireland has a Stable and Growing Economy. It’s GDP grew at 5.5% in 2019 and is estimated to grow over 6% in 2021. Main driver of growth of Irish economy is low corporation tax that led to big Multinational Corporations opening their European headquarters in Ireland in 1990s.
- Universities in Ireland offer very specific job oriented programs. These programs are industry focussed and are highly specialized. Programs in Ireland Universities and Colleges are prepared according to industry requirements.
- Masters in Ireland is for 1 year. However, there are some universities in Ireland that offer 2 year’s Master’s program.
- Ireland has World class universities with quality education & superb infrastructure. Most of the universities in Ireland have massive campuses that are spread over acres of land. These campuses have buildings for different fields of study, sports centres, big libraries, student accommodation, playing field, grocery shop, etc.
- Ireland has offices of World’s top Medical Device Companies.
- It is World’s second largest exporter of software. Ireland universities are known for their computer/ software related programs.
- Top Global ICT Companies & Financial Services Companies are based in Republic of Ireland. Ireland is known as the Silicon Valley of Europe with Government of Ireland’s focus to make it an IT hub. Ireland has World reputation for Data Science & Analytics, Cyber Security, Networking, Cloud Computing & Artificial Intelligence.
- It is home to more than 1500 MNCs such as Google, Amazon, Audi, Facebook, Boston Scientific, Baxter, Apple, Ebay, Medtronic, etc.
- Ireland is a very safe and friendly country and is voted as one of the friendliest country of the World by Lonely Planet. People in Ireland are very helpful and friendly. At times, they would even go out of their way to help others.
- After finishing studies in Ireland, international students get a 2 years post study stay back option under the Irish Third Level Graduate Scheme. This has been a boon for international students as it provides for a very good return on investment. By studying 1 years Masters in Ireland, international students can work in Ireland for 2 years which can be extended if the contract gets extended.
- International students can also work part time in Ireland for up to a maximum of 20 hours per week and up to a maximum of 40 hours per week during holidays.
- Universities in Ireland are known World over for their research work.
These are the study in Ireland facts, students need to consider before going to Ireland.