Co-op Programs in Colleges & Universites in Canada:
- Some courses have industrial work as a part of their study curriculum and students have to work off-campus for a few weeks to a few months.
- This is often seen in case of Co-op and Internship programmes. Students are paid for this work.
Points to Know about a Co-op Program:
- The intended employment is an essential part of the programme under study.
- The employment is certified with a letter by a official of the institution where student is studying.
- The Co-op or Internship duration does not exceed 50% of the total programme of study.