1. They should have admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CEGEP.
2. They should have an IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within the past two years.
3. They have to purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) (from Scotiabank) of CAD $10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada.
4. They have to show proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year.
5. They have to undergo medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.