Are You Planning to Study in Ireland ?
Are you looking for more information on below mentioned questions on Study in Ireland ?
- Why should Students Study in Ireland?
- What are The Popular Courses in Ireland?
- How to Shortlist and Apply to University in Ireland?
- Is Ireland a Good Choice for Masters?
- Tuition Fees and Scholarships Available
- What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- What are the Intakes Available?
- How to Prepare Irish Student Visa File?
- Post Study Stayback options Available
- Employment Opportunities in Ireland
- Employment Opportunities for MBA & Data Scientists
If you want to save your time and effort while shortlisting the right university for yourself, doing university applications & then chasing them for offer letters, you have come to the right page.
Global Edge is direct authorized representative of all universities, colleges & institutes in Ireland. It has a specialized & dedicated team of counsellors who will handhold you.
answers to the above questions
1. WHY SHOULD STUDENTS STUDY IN IRELAND ?
- Ireland is an English speaking country, and all courses are taught in English language. This would drastically reduce your effort to adjust in a new country.
- As per Lonely Planet, Ireland has been rated as one of the most friendliest and safest country in the World.
- It provides an affordable education.
- It has World Class universities having specialized courses that will help you build your skillset for a solid foundation of future.
- It offers Good Stay Back Options
- It provides excellent Career Opportunities after education that will enable you to earn good salary. (Earn in Euros)
- It will open the doors of entire Europe for you (Ireland is a part of European Union).
- High standard of living with a good work and life balance
2 WHAT ARE THE POPULAR COURSES IN IRELAND ?
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science
- Machine Learning
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Food Technology
- All Types of Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Computer, etc
- Business & Finance
3. HOW TO SHORTLIST AND APPLY TO UNIVERSITIES IN IRELAND
- There are 8 universities in Ireland namely Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, University College Cork, Dublin City University, TU Dublin, University of Limerick, National University of Ireland Galway & Maynooth University.
- Then there are Technical Institutes & Colleges in Ireland such as Cork Institute of Technology, Athlone Institute of Technology, IT Carlow, Waterford Institute of Technology, Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Dublin Business School, National College of Ireland, Griffith College, etc.
- The first step towards shortlisting the ideal university for yourself is to send us your academic marksheets, cv & extra-curricular certificates alongwith your preferred course, budget & intake preferred. Our team shall then work out most suitable university options for you.
- College applications are extremely critical as they involve spending time to fill up forms, providing letters of reference (LORS), referee details, preparing statement of purpose (SOP), IELTS, etc, and all documents have to be uploaded in a specific format before deadline. Any information missed while filling applications can lead to rejection of the same.
- You can get in touch with us for a free one to one counselling session to understand more in detail.
4. IS IRELAND A GOOD CHOICE FOR MASTERS ?
- Ireland has a wide variety of extremely specialized Masters courses that will help you build your skillset.
- Most of the Masters courses in Ireland are for 1 year.
- It is one of the best countries for a good return on investment as one years Masters in Ireland gives you a two year stayback option.
- Cost of 1 year of education viz a viz the starting salary you get makes it a very lucrative option.
5. TUITION FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
- Ireland education is very affordable. The fees ranges from Rs 8 lacs per year to Rs 20 lacs per year depending upon course, university & college.
- Living expense of Rs 8 lacs per year is extra.
- Ireland is a scholarship friendly country for deserving students.
- Some Universities in Ireland provide scholarships of upto 100% on the basis of academic marks, statement of purpose (SOP) & letters of references.
- It is advisable to apply early to avail scholarship as they get over very quickly.
- Only offer holders get scholarship.
6. WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ?
- For Masters programs, Universities in Ireland generally require minimum 60% in Bachelors degree.
- For Maters programs, Institutes & Colleges in Ireland can accept applications with minimum 50% in Bachelors degree.
- For Under graduate programs, minimum 70% in grade 12th should be achieved.
- IELTS is mandatory for international students to study in Ireland.
- Some universities in Ireland require GMAT score & work experience for MBA programs.
7. WHAT ARE THE INTAKES AVAILABLE ?
- September is the main intake for Study in Ireland.
- However, there are colleges that are open for January & April intakes also.
- Applications for Jan 21 intake are open for Colleges in Ireland.
- Applications for Sep’201 Intake have already started for Universities in Ireland.
8. HOW TO PREPARE IRISH STUDENT VISA FILE ?
- Preparation of Ireland Student Visa File should be strictly done as per embassy guidelines that keeps getting updated from time to time.
- Don’t take risk by applying yourself as you may not be aware of most of the visa requirements.
- Irish visa takes minimum 4-6 weeks from date of application.
- It is mandatory to have IELTS score before applying for visa. This is extremely important but most of the students don’t take this seriously.
- Source of funds has to be explained for Irish visa.
- You can get in touch with us to understand in detail about irish Visa requirements.
9. POST STUDY STAYBACK OPTIONS AVAILABLE
- Students are allowed to work 20 hrs/ week part time while studying in Ireland.
- Ireland offers 2 years stay back option to students after they finish their Masters Program.
- Take benefit of this rule as it may change in future.
10. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN IRELAND
- Ireland is home to more than 1500 MNCs such as Intel, Amazon, Audi, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Ebay, Coca Cola, Ernst & Young, Boston Scientific, etc.
- Ireland has 15 of the World’s top 20 Medical Devices companies.
- It has 50% of World’s major financial services companies.
- It has eight of the top ten global ICT companies.
- Ireland is World’s second largest exporter of software.
11. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR MBA & DATA SCIENTISTS
- The demand for MBA is growing at 22 percent per year as per business post.
- MBA in Ireland is a part of critical skills occupation list.
- There is a 96 percent employability after MBA in Ireland and the starting salary is apprx 30,000 Euros per annum for a fresher.
- Companies hiring MBA graduates are Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, Microsoft, Amazon, Fidelity, etc.
- Data Science is the best job in Ireland with a salary of apprx 42000 Euros per annum for freshers.
- People with three years of experience can have a salary of above 60000 Euros per annum.
- Job specifications are as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Quantitative Modelling in Finance.
- Data Science is a part of critical skills occupation list.
- Companies hiring Data Science graduates are Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Accenture, Intel, Bank of America, Merryll Lynch, etc.
Global Edge (as your study in Ireland consultants) will work hand-in-hand with you so that your research for colleges & universities in Ireland becomes better, faster & cheaper.
Global Edge is authorized direct representative of Universities, Technical Institutes & Colleges in Ireland
UNIVERSITIES IN IRELAND
Trinity College Dublin (The University of Dublin)
University College Dublin
University College Cork
University of Limerick
National University of Ireland Galway
Dublin City University
Tu Dublin (Technological University Dublin)(Earlier Dublin Institute of Technology)
INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Letterkerny Institute of Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Athlone Institute of Technology
COLLEGES IN IRELAND
Dublin Business School
Griffith College Ireland (Griffith College Dublin)
National College of Ireland