Benefits of Studying in Ireland
Most Irish universities and private colleges are internationally ranked and boast of some of the most rigorous courses and connect with leading global companies located here.
State of The Art Facilities
Irish universities also take great pride in their highly synergistic and state-of-the art facilities, which ensure that students participating in research oriented programs in engineering and medical fields can conduct original and path breaking research.
Short Focused Master Degree Programs
Students who are keen to get their Masters quickly to hasten their academic and professional growth can choose Irish Universities that offer 1 year Master’s degree programs. Those keen to pursue their MBA would also find it easy to make though Irish colleges, as unlike universities in other countries, they are open to accepting students with no prior work experience.
No Language Barrier
An English speaking country, Ireland is also one of best places to earn a Master’s in English. The country has rich literary tradition and has produced some of the best Researchers and Scholars.
Job Opportunities during and after Education
Students are allowed to work part-time 20 hours a week during semesters to pay for their living expenses. During holidays students are allowed to work full time for 40 hours a week.
After completing Masters, students get 2 years work permit. Also please note:
- There are over 1000 MNCs in Ireland.
- 50% of the World's major financial services companies are here.
- Ireland is the World’s 2nd largest software exporter.
- Ireland has 15 of the top 20 medical devices companies.
- 8 of the top 10 global ICT companies are based here.
Most Irish universities insist upon a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 for Bachelors, Diploma and advanced courses and 6.5 for Graduate, Graduate Certificate and Master's programmes.Irish universities also accept PTE (Pearsons Test For English).
Cost of Living
The living expenses per year for international students are 7000 Euros per year approx. It includes accommodation, transportation, fooding etc.
The main intake offered by all the Colleges & Universities is September. Few Universities also offer January intake.
Minimum 70%‐80% in class 12th for universities,
60% for Institute of Technologies
50% for Private Institutions with
IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 Bands.
Minimum 60% in Graduation with
IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 Bands.
Generally, Universities of Ireland do not offer presessional courses.
Hence, students not meeting the English language requirements need
to retake the test and improve their IELTS scores.
Dublin Business School is exception as they offer 2 months presessional
English Language course depending upon the IELTS/PTE score.There is a Pathway program for few universities where academic requirements are not met.
In applying for a Student visa you must be able to show that:
- You are enrolled on a privately funded course involving at least 15 hours of organized daytime tuition each week
- You have paid the requisite fees to the college
- You have a level of English language sufficient to do so (except in the case of an application which is solely for an English language course)
- You have immediate access to at least €7,000. This is the estimated cost of living in Ireland for a student for one academic year.
- You must also demonstrate that you or your sponsor has ready access to an amount of at least €7,000 for each subsequent year of your studies, in addition to the course fees for each of those years.
- You have private medical insurance.
- You can account for any gaps in your educational history.
- Your intention is to return to your country of permanent residence following completion of your studies in Ireland.
- Visas can be obtained in two ways.
1) Normal student visa‐ processing time 4‐6 weeks.
2) Through Approval in principle scheme‐ processing time 5‐7 weeks.
APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE SCHEME
Under this scheme, applicants for a study visa from India, who have been accepted on to a QQI
(Quality and Qualifications Ireland) approved course, can apply for a study visa without having
to pay the requisite college fees in advance.
Fees need only be paid when the visa application has been approved. Once evidence of the
Electronic Fee Transfer has been submitted to the visa office New Delhi the visa will be issued.
Electronic Fund Transfer is the only acceptable method of fee payment recognized by the
Irish Visa Office, New Delhi.
Total Visa Fees:
INR 6000 (aprox ).
For more details visit: