Benefits of Studying in USA
USA boasts of some of the world’s finest educational instiTuitions. A degree from a university in the USA is guaranteed to take you places, as their programs both in traditional disciplines and professional programs are highly prized by employers from any country in the world. USA boasts of such top ranked universities like Harvard, Princeton and Yale and many others.
State of art facilities
USA without a shadow of a doubt is the global leader in technology and their engineering and medical colleges boast of technological facilities that you’d be hard pressed to find in any other country.
USA will always remain the choice of elite students throughout the world because of the quality of education that it provides .USA is " Land of opportunities."
Never Ending Choices
There is nearly 4600 colleges and universities in USA offering instruction in alomst every field of study. from Engineering to Life Sciences to Business to Arts to Humanities etc .
With over 4600 colleges and vocational instiTuitions to choose from, you would easily find the course of your choice. While some colleges offer in-depth broad based courses in liberal arts and pure sciences, others offer diplomas in micro-niches like MBA’s for specific industries like hospitality and entertainment.
Flexibility and Freedom
Most academic instiTuitions in the US offer their students the freedom to design their majors and programs of study. You are also free to switch fields and petition for specific courses. Independent study is also available to suit individual needs.
Campus Diversity and Support Services
International students are always prized by US universities to provide their campuses with cultural richness and diversity. Moreover than 160 countries are represented by US universities and they provide a variety of scholarships, fellowships and support services like campus orientation and career guidance to help international students make the most of these crucial years.
The GRAD school in USA offer generous fellowships .And through Teaching Assistantship and Research Assistanship , many a time depending upon the student profile complete waiver from fee is also granted .
Part Time Work Oppurtunities :
Part time work options in USA is highly regulated . Students are allowed to work part time on campus upto 20 hrs a week . However during holiday and college breaks they are allowed to work full time .
In USA , there are The IVY League , Public universities , Private Universities , Technical institutes & Community Colleges . The USA follows the Grading System to judge the students performance
- In USA the hierarchy of education system is as follow :
- Primary Education : From 1st -- 6th
- Secondary Education : From 7th -- 12th
- Bachelor's Degree : 4 years ( Optional : 2 years associate degree at community college + 2 more years of under grads program at a four year college or university )
- Master's Degree : 1-2 years
- PhD : 4-5 Years
- The US Universities generally have 4 intakes :
- Spring : Jan/Feb
- Fall : Aug/Sep
- Summer : April/May
- Winter : December
- Major intake is the Fall intake as almost all the courses commence in this intake
- For US Universities international students need to apply 1 year before.
Average Tuition Fees are as follows :
- US $ 15,000-30,000 per year approx. for Private Universities
- US $ 10,000-20,000 per year approx. for Public Universities
- US $ 8000-12,000 per year approx. for Community Colleges
The Cost of living in US generally varies from US $ 10,000 to 12,000 per year approx.